The global cultural phenomenon Game of Thrones returns for its fourth season on Blu-ray and DVD from HBO Home Entertainment on 16th February 2015 and is loaded with exclusive bonus content, including extensive guides and illustrated histories. This hit HBO series has broken ratings records and topped The Sopranos to become the most popular show in the network’s history. Season four continues this winning streak with 19 Emmy® Awards nominations including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage) and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Lena Headey).
DVD Extra Features
- Behind the Battle for the Wall – Follow the cast and crew as they create the most ambitious battle to date. This 30-minute documentary explores the challenges of putting together one of the series’ most intense episodes, with never-before-seen material.
- The Fallen: A Roundtable – Writer Bryan Cogman sits down with a few of the many cast members who meet their demise in Season 4. From first learning of their deaths to shooting their final scenes, this 30-minute feature will shed light on what it’s like to live—and die—in the Game of Thrones world.
- The Politics of Power: A Look Back at Season 3 – Revisit the brutal events of Season 3 to see power shifts that define Westeros at the start of Season 4.
- Bastards of Westeros – Hear showrunners David Benioff & D.B. Weiss and author George R.R. Martin discuss the role bastards play in the Seven Kingdoms.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentaries – Commentaries with cast and crew including showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Aiden Gillen and more!
Blu-ray – Includes All DVD Features Plus:
· In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
· Histories & Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
Season 4 will be released on February 16 in the United Kingdom, February 17 in the United Sates. In the UK, a complete set of all 4 seasons is also being released at the same time.
Preorder: US Blu-ray, US DVD, UK Blu-ray, and UK DVD. Game of Thrones returns to HBO with season 5 in Spring 2015.
What do you think of the cover art? Is this a "must-have" for your collection or will you be passing on a pre-order? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Fanboys Anonymous for the latest Game of Thrones news.