Now in this day and age, it's rare for the public to go out en masse and buy any artist's physical album. So when you purchase an album, you can bet your bottom dollar that you're buying the album to hear it in its entirety, not just for a hit single. With YouTube and programs like iTunes, Pandora, and Spotify, we get ultimate exposure to a vast variety of music.
One of those glimmering stars in the vast universe of music is Illinois' own Taylor Davis. I have had the pleasure of listening to her latest album, Melodies of Hyrule: Music from The Legend of Zelda, from start to finish. Being a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda franchise, I was already hooked. Throw in the violin work of Taylor Davis, and please shut up and take my money!
Those of you loyal Daceitionians out there may remember the review I did a year ago of Davis' collaboration with Lara De Wit: Game On: 2 Player Mode. I was absolutely enamored by the combined talents of Lara and Taylor, and being a huge Lara fan, I immediately subscribed to Taylor's channel. Through that channel, and through updates from both Twitter and Facebook, I stumbled upon the video of her rendition of "Song of Time and Song of Storms" from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I found myself streaming the video as I'd drive to work in Montreal, because French talk radio can lead a man to homicide. After clicking more videos on YouTube—because that is what our generation does—I found myself on her website purchasing the full album.
Joining the ranks of "Weird Al" Yankovic, Lady Gaga, and the Foo Fighters, Taylor Davis' work has been added to the list of CDs I must have with me if I'm hitting the road for work. Below is the complete track listing from her latest album. Also, yours truly has ordered Legendary Movie Music by Taylor Davis. I eagerly look forward to reviewing that album!
Melodies of Hyrule: Music from The Legend of Zelda
- Gerudo Valley (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Bolero of Fire (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Song of Time and Song of Storms (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Dragon Roost Island (From "The Wind Waker")
- Kokiri Forest (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Great Fairy Fountain
- Zelda's Lullaby
- Midna's Lament (From "Twilight Princess")
- Nocturne of Shadow (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Serenade of Water (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Sheik's Theme (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Lon Lon Ranch (From "Ocarina of Time")
- Dark World Theme (From "A Link to the Past")
- Ballad of the Goddess (From "Skyward Sword")
- Tal Tal Heights and The Legend of Zelda Main Theme
- Lost Woods (From "Ocarina of Time")
As always, check back regularly to see what Chris "The Dace Man" Dace is looking at (and no, not just porn), as well as all of the other bloggers here at Fanboys Anonymous. Remember, keyboard warriors: leave your feedback! Until then, for the few, the proud, and of course the Dacetacular, grab a beer—and, in this case, Get on Up!—and check out what's going on here in the Dace-Sphere. See ya next time!